Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Cranberry sauce is either something you love or something you hate. I happen to love cranberry sauce, home made or canned, I’m addicted to cranberries.
My mom has been perfecting this recipe for years and let me tell you if you hate anything tart you’ll hate this recipe. But, if you love tart or you simply like to try new things I think you’ll absolutely love this recipe. It is perfect for this holiday season.
3 bags of 12 Oz fresh cranberries
3/4 cups of apple juice
1 and 1/3 Cup of honey
3/4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (about 3 oranges)
Zest of 1 to 2 oranges
- Dump bags of cranberries in pan.
- Grate orange peel over cranberries.
- Pour honey into pot with cranberries and orange peel.
- Pour in the apple juice.
- Cut open oranges and squeeze the juice out. Pour juice in pan.
- Once everything is in pot slowly bring mixture to a boil at a medium heat.
- Once it boils turn down heat.
- Let simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. Until it is thick.
- Let cool for a couple hours and then put in container and refrigerate.